Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Twas the night before Valentines Day and all through the house, chaos reigned and mom stepped out. The chocolate and ice cream cake was made and frosting ingredients laid out, when what to my wondering ears should I hear? A coughing fit and a cry from a boy for a bed time peanut butter snack. Down the stairs crept a girl- too scared to sleep in her bed. Mom pulled out the nebulizer, scooped up peanut butter, then ran away and left dad to the demands.



A brisk walk later, mom returns, tired dog- leash in hand, to a settled quiet house.

1 comment:

  1. hi des - I think homeschooling takes balls! You can totally do it! If your children get enough interaction through play groups and other social outlets so they can develop a strong life outside the home, then it's a healthy thing. I personally don't think I could do it, so I respect your decision to investigate it further and do what's best for you and the kids. You can't be a strong tree if you don't take care of the roots though. So take care of Mommy in the process. I remember moving a lot too, and while it was so hard as a kid, all of that transition made me stronger. It would be neat if you could team up with other home school parents to trade lessons. Miss you! xoxo hedda

    ReplyDelete